Instructions for Technical Paper Presentations
- Papers are organized into 90-minute sessions of six papers.
- Each talk is 15 minutes: 12 minutes of presentation + 3 minutes of discussion.
- Session chairs will keep strict time: do not overrun.
- Each room has an LCD projector with (at least) VGA connector.
- Bring your own laptop to present from, or use the one provided in each room (Windows with PowerPoint and Acrobat)
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of your session to introduce yourself to the chair and test your laptop connection.
- The session chair will introduce you by name and affiliation. Your 15 minute slot includes speaker transition, chair's introduction, your talk and 3 minutes of questions.
Instructions for Abstract-only Poster Sessions
- The poster format is paper posters of A0 size (http://standardpostersizes.com/a0-paper-size/) with portrait orientation preferred. TV screens are NOT available.
- For the morning sessions, your poster must be up by 8:45am, before the plenary session starts. Volunteers will be available to help you from 8:30am in the Ballroom Foyer.
- For the afternoon session, your poster must be up by 12:45pm, before the keynotes start. Volunteers will be available to help you from 12:00pm in the Burrard Foyers on levels 1 and 2. But you can put it up earlier in the day if you wish.
- Your poster should stay up the entire day of your presentation slot to give it as much exposure as possible .
- Please take down your poster at the end of the day.